We have extensive experience in the oil sector acting for State owned companies, major international and smaller independent oil companies. Our work has taken us worldwide advising on all aspects of the oil chain including acquisitions, concessions, disposals, farm-ins and farm-outs, financing and refinancing, joint ventures and licensing.
Our experience includes advising:
- a State oil company on its acquisition of onshore and offshore assets in Mauritania having an estimated value of $420 million.
- on numerous production sharing contracts in the Middle East, Asia, West Africa and the New Independent States as well as advising on a number of oil and gas supply contracts.
- a European State oil companies on the acquisition of North Sea and North African assets.
- on various acquisitions of petroleum interests in the UK North Sea.
- a Government on the sale of its liquefied petroleum gas businesses.
- on the financing of a $200 million refinery upgrade and hydrocracker unit in Belgium.
- on a number of SPA for petroleum assets including: the acquisition of downstream assets in Tanzania and Uganda (financed by OPIC), assets in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda, interests in the Sudan and assets in Indonesia.
- on various pipeline projects including the UK/Ireland Interconnector, the TransCaucasian Pipeline Project, the Sudan Pipeline and the Caspian Pipeline from Kazakhstan to Novorossiysk.
- on an acquisition of interests in the Dutch North Sea and in the Greek national licensing rounds.
- a State owned oil company on matters concerning English law in respect of a $850 million acquisition of offshore oil assets in Brazil.
- an international oil and gas company in negotiating a Farm-out Agreement and Joint Operating Agreements and undertaking due diligence review in relation to offshore production licences in the South Atlantic.
- one of the largest French Public Companies on its £265 million acquisition of offshore assets in the UK North Sea.