The increasing demand for power supply has changed the dynamics of international and domestic markets. In this ever changing landscape, we advise governments on mass restructuring and privatisation projects as well as private utility companies on power generation, transmission and distribution.
Our experience includes advising:
- an African State utility company in relation the supply of power under a long-term Bulk Supply Agreement.
- an African parastatal power company on various issues connected with financing of power rehabilitation project including receivables finance/multilateral lender facilities.
- the Bolivian Government on the capitalisation of its electricity sector.
- restructuring and privatisation of the Scottish Electricity sector.
- independent power projects in the UK, India and Kazakhstan.
- on the structuring of a new hydro-power contract in Zambia (for Kafue Lower), its interconnector with Namibia and its long-term Bulk Supply Agreement in the Copperbelt, Zambia.
- on a number of joint ventures, regulatory and commercial contracts for generation, transmission, distribution and supply of electricity in Scotland, England and Wales.
- a Saudi utilities corporation on its power generation projects in Saudi Arabia and its joint venture arrangement with European and Asian based utilities corporations.