LXL's Recent Dispute Resolution Highlights
LXL has recently advised:
- an African State-owned company in bringing an international arbitration claim in excess of $25 million under the UNICTRAL rules relating to a contractual dispute for a hydro-power project.
- three Asian oil companies in defending a multi-billion dollar arbitral claim (UNCITRAL) brought against them by an African Government concerning the ownership and transfer of a pipeline in respect of certain oil fields in an African State.
- a State-owned oil and gas company in defending and counterclaiming a $41 million international arbitration dispute (UNCITRAL) relating to a transnational oil pipeline dispute in Russia and Kazakhstan.
- an international State-owned oil company in defending a $50 million arbitral claim (UNCITRAL and SIAC) for breach of a Production Sharing Contract and Farm-in Agreement concerning an offshore drilling dispute.
- an African State utility company in a $53 million arbitral dispute (UNCITRAL) with a private company relating to a bulk supply of power in Africa.
- a Middle-eastern construction company in bringing an arbitral claim (ICC) for a breach of an EPC contract against an Italian subsidiary.
- a State-owned oil and gas company in bringing a claim in relation to the recovery of $8 million in misapplied trust monies.
- an African state-owned company on a utilities dispute (in the electricity sector) with a private company in relation to an international arbitration relating to a bulk supply of electricity in Africa.
- a Russian based manufacturer in defending a High Court action related to a customs trade dispute.
- an African state-owned company on an adjudication and subsequent international arbitration dispute concerning a claim against an Indian state-owned power plant equipment manufacturer for the provision of defective generator transformers.
- successfully a State owned oil and gas company on its strategy for price review in its LNG supply and purchase contracts.
- a UK based manufacturer in a High Court action and mediation involving the perusal of personal guarantees.
- advised an Asian State petroleum company on an international arbitration in respect of petrochemical price review dispute at The Hague.
- a UK-based commodity company in a High Court action and subsequent mediation involving the repair and installation of industrial machinery.
- an Italian commodities company in bringing an arbitral maritime claim (LMAA) for damages arising from the supply of an unsuitable carrier vessel.
- on an expert determination pursuant to an EPC Contract for a major LNG Re-gasification Terminal.
- on numerous major contract disputes in relation to international petroleum pipeline projects