LXL has close collaborations with a number of prestigious law firms in the Middle East. We have advised a number of clients based in Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, including state owned companies, private companies and family conglomerates operating in various sectors, including oil and gas, mining, insurance, corporate commercial, financial, and real estate. Please contact our partner Ayad Ridha for any assistance on matters relating to the Middle East.
Our experience includes advising:
- a Gulf state oil and gas company on an offshore energy project involving 10 year gas SPA from the government, construction of FPSO vessel and process plant and offtake agreements.
- a Saudi corporation on a multi-million dispute with another Saudi company regarding an oil and gas service company conducting services operations for Aramco.
- on behalf a State oil and gas company on LNG SPAs with Middle Eastern countries, such as Iraq and Iran, including advanced negotiations on Gas SPA, related pipeline aspects and Inter-Government Agreement (IGA) and Host Government Agreement (HGA).
- a Saudi utilities company on various aspects of its power generation business and possible joint ventures with European and Asian based corporations.
- Kuwait Petroleum Corporation on the Kuwait LNG importation project; involving LNG Sales and Purchase Agreement (SPA), Storage/Regasification and Terminal agreements.
- a US corporation on its acquisition of a major business publication in the Middle East.
- a Saudi corporation on a financing arrangement for a multimillion facility with an Asian based bank.
- an international oil company, wishing to undertake oil and gas exploration and exploitation operations in the Middle East.
- a Saudi corporation on its efforts to register trademarks in the Middle East and internationally.
- on privatisation of utilities based in the Middle East.
- a major Saudi family conglomerate in respect of $100 million credit facility with a FTSE 100 financial institution.
- a Saudi family conglomerate on co-operative affairs including the drafting of family corporate governance pertaining to the management and direction of the conglomerate.
- a Gulf based corporation on its joint venture with a North American based group in respect of mining activities in the Gulf.